Season 2 Episode 3 of Rated Ark SHOW NOTES
Who is going to Introduce the show? CRIIKETTE
Welcome survivors new and old to Episode 3 of Rated Ark, The Ark Survival Evolved Podcast!
Today is , March 15 2018
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast , so that means the voices can change each week but the roundtable discussion will always be about Ark !
- We have many ways you can contact us to share feedback, tips, or adventures!
- You can reach the show by emailed RatedArk@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @RatedArk on twitter!
- You can grab the RSS Feed, get our show notes www.RatedArk.com and apply to join us in game at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
First we’d like to start the show off by introducing everyone here tonight!
Everyone introduces herself/ himself
( We can go from top to bottom in teamspeak to make it easy)
Tell who you are and how many hours you have in the game so far
*****Fresh from the Forge******Ark News Segment
- ( Ark News Segment. Did any of us find any juicy news we want to share?
- You can check the steam forums, www.survivetheark.com , Ark Reddits, etc for any nuggets of Ark news you'd like to share.
Ok, first off? I was onsurvivetheark.com and now it is down but there is playark.com with a new a fresh look that encapsulates all of their expansions and the page for the mobile Ark etc.
Patch Notes- Current (v278.73) & Upcoming (v279 "TLC Phase 2" ETA March 19)
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: 278.73
Upcoming Version: 279, "TLC Phase 2"
- Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, misc features to be announced
- 6 Dinos Updated/Refactored/Reworked:
Current Version: 278.73
* Fixed bug that prevented tribe renaming
* Separated C4 into their own structure limit category with a limit of 150 per 50m
* Plugged various holes used to undermesh in The Center, The Island, and Aberration (server side only for now)
* Plant Z healing effectiveness reduced to 0.5% HP per second for players and 0.33% HP per second for Dinos (with a cap of 80)
* Fixed Therizino and Moschops cloning exploit
ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED – THE MOBILE EXPERIENCE
Dive into the ultimate mobile dino-adventure with ARK: Survival Evolved! A massive game world combines with 80+ unique dinosaurs and primal creatures for you to capture and tame – making for a survival experience bar-none. Meet up with other players and friends in this Jurassic-era world, to form tribes and work together to build colonies of survivors.
Based on the genre-defining adventure from PC and console, ARK: Survival Evolved challenges you to survive and thrive on a mysterious island, where you start out alone and unarmed. Gather resources and craft tools to build shelter and hunt. Expand your domain while capturing and taming dinosaurs to do your bidding. Make new friends online, form tribes, and build mighty structures to defend against man and mega-predators alike!
Features of ARK: Survival Evolved include:
– 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
– Discover: Explore a massive living and breathing prehistoric landscape as you find the means to survive, thrive, and escape on the Ark.
– Craft and Build: Using any means necessary to survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities.
– Survive Alone or With Others: Group up with, or prey on, hundreds of other players in a large-scale online world or choose to go it alone in single-player mode.
– Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
The video was recorded with an i phone 8
Wardrum Jordan posted on Survive the Ark.com We are now accepting sign-ups for the Closed Beta on iOS. A beta for Android will be coming at a later date.
For this Closed Beta, we are looking for players who are interested in actively testing the game. We will be starting with a small pool of players and slowly expanding over the coming weeks.
If you are interested, please sign up using the form below. Approved players will receive an invite e-mail containing download instructions along with access to the Closed Beta forums.
And you can also sign up here: http://playark.com/mobile/
SITY: Phone brb/BACK
Criikette: ARK PARK is being released on the 22nd. I will be getting it for my Vive. Should have first impressions by Episode 5.
****Dino Spotlight with Goon and Esme****
From the Dino Dossier:
GOON: In the wild: Beelzebufo palucocus is the largest frog I've ever seen. Almost impossibly large, it can actually fit a fully-grown human adult on its back, though just barely. This is a dangerous prospect, though, as secretions from Beelzebufo's skin and saliva have a narcotic effect on most creatures.
Not surprisingly, Beelzebufo is adept at killing insects. Its lengthy tongue allows it to quickly grab prey from afar, killing most insects near instantly and quickly digesting them. It even combines the narcotic chemicals in its mouth with the insects' chitin to create a specialized sticky substance.
Tamed Beelzebufo make for strange mounts. Strange mounts for strange people. Many tribes don't believe there's any reason to ride them, but some enjoy the ability to take large vertical hops up huge walls and cliffs. Regardless of how it is ridden, Beelzebufo is also employed for its ability to quickly cull insects, and convert them into always-useful cementing paste.
Taming Method: Knockout
Preferred Kibble: Kibble made with the (Pulmonoscorpius Egg)
Preferred Food: Raw Mutton
Equipment: Beelzebufo Saddle (Lv 40)
Rider Weaponry? Yes
Can you Carry humans? No
Esme:DodoDex Tip :
This is the most OVERPOWERED animal in ark to get. If you see a LvL 100 don't miss out on taming it. I have taken out carnos and spinos with it with ease and it its great for getting around and knocking things out. GET ONE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!! PS. Great swimmer .
Goon:DODODex Tip: A great early tame fast swimming capable of jumping onto boats and bases for raids and can ko most players in a few attacks can be used to explore the island in a short time and is capable of evading most predators in two or jumps
*****Felloons Admin Tip******
Last time I spoke about Admin Traits we all appreciate this time I wanted to talk about Server admins vs game master type admins and run through a rather tough scenario.
- Server Admin(s) have access to the server settings.
- Usually the server owner
- Can change how the server functions which effects the progression of the players on the server; they can add, remove and tweak mod and server settings.
- Game Master Admins have access to admin commands that can be executed on the server.
- We touched in this last time as well but it's important to have people you trust. Look for the traits we highlighted on last week's show.
- These are the folks that are serving the community when game glitches are preventing players from progressing in some way...
- Admins can recover quickly and should be aware that they may have to utilize the admin commands to do so..
- Like any skill performing the functions of an admin are likely to always be a learning experience for as long as you are an admin
Glitch X caused someone to get booted from their tribe and they no longer have access to their base or their Dino's. I'm not certain how well this would work if a single tribe character has left their tribe but it seem like it should work.
Depending on how many Dino's and how Large (in terms of structure quantity) their loss there are a couple of things you can do.
Larger vs small basses are subjective (use your own judgement)
For small basses (1 building)/dino collections (1 to 6?).
- just claim everything as your own then disassemble their base a piece at a time and give them back the building components, then unclaim the Dinos so that they may reclaim them as their own.
For large bases and dino collections
- this gets complicated and can very easily come with a price for the admin.
- Remember you serve the community!?
- If you are an admin
- Use: showmyadminmanager (in-game admin UI)
- CONNECTED PLAYERS window (center top): use on yourself (click your character name)
- CHEAT MANAGER window (right top): navigate to “ForcePlayerToJoinTribe PlayerId[int64]” then click
- You are required to be looking at a wall, with your character, or anything that belongs to this tribe.
- Copy player id on the next prompt
- CHEAT MANAGER window (right top): navigate to “MakeTribeFounder”
- Copy player id on the next prompt
- Kill your character.
- Create a new character.
- Make your way back to the base that was lost.
- Force yourself into the tribe.
- Make yourself tribe founder
- Once your certain that you are now the tribe founder, kick the old tribe founder .
- Invite the problem character back into their tribe.
- Promote them to tribe founder and leave the tribe.
The price you paid as an admin:
- Your character which was on that server was “killed”.
- You lost your progress.
- Engrams earned for bosses killed.
- Since your character was killed you are no longer in your tribe.
Next show I'll talk about how to recover your losses from performing this function as an admin.
SITY: I want to see a powerpoint next week! I want a flow chart Just kidding unless you can do it...lol
- Can I intro into this? Scream and yell YES LOL -esme it was youre ...your idea
- What's your thoughts on all the shade Wild Card gets on all of Their forums and social media? Valid? Too much? Just trolls being trolls? Productive? Not productive? Have your thoughts shared on the show!
SITY: I don't read that crap...Don't we have enough negativity on all formats social medias people, come on its a fricking game.!!!
I'm in the middle with shade being tossed at Wild Card. I'm in the middle because I'm big on the delivery of shade.
Honest well thought out feedback should be valued. Customers should have a professional way to report genuine concerns and get timely feedback. I'm not a fan of the Thirsty Internet trolls whos mommies didn't hug them enough as children so now everyone in the real world has to be wither preveriable punching “we need titty juice in the show notes” bag. I am a fan of there is a time and a place for everything but if customers are not given the time or the place then can we really blame the torch carriers? I feel like when the game was officially released they can not lean on the “its in early release anymore. <ore people and more avenues should be given to handle customer complaints. As with any avenue on the internet you will have to wade through mountains of not so delicious brown stuff to find the gems of honest feedback and objections. One of my favorite people I follow on twitter
Esme Twitter Feedback:
Sean D Knight@SeanDKnight
It is well-deserved. When a developer is unable to deal with the biggest issue of Character transfer loss properly, the backlash is justifiable. They do not respect their customers' time because they will not replace tek engrams or take the time to regain imprinted dinos.
The fact that there isn't even a system in place to quickly, and properly, resolve the issue of character loss is the single biggest black mark on their reputation. Their inability to deal with exploiters, hackers, and dupers on a regular or equal basis is the 2nd biggest problem
Crr Discord BigBlueB - Mostly trolls being trolls. If you read any of the comments when they post about updates the things people are complaining about are for the most part answered in the post if the dumb assess would just read it.
Crr Discord Felloon - Today at 7:40 PM
One thing i learned about gaming and official forums is, its probably not the very best place to learn anything but hate.. I literally have to be in the proper state of mind to read through the forums, wade through all the garbage to find anything of value. So my personal general rule of thumb is stay off the official forums.
- Sity here here!
Crikette Crr Discord TuxedoBadger - Today at 8:54 PM
I mean, if wildcard is gonna balance both pve and pvp the exact same way, they deserve all the hate they get for it lol
They have taken a ton of shortcuts over the development of Ark, and a lot of the community wanted them to do better. Unfortunately, Ark kind of seems like an experiment that got a lot bigger than wildcard expected rather than a new franchise.
And if people wanna call it whining, well they aren't wrong haha
I really agree with you Fel. I've stopped going to Reddit when I start playing a new game because I don't want to go from having fun to seeing nothing but flaws and scummy Dev practices.
- Johnny in CRR Teamspeak will give his 2 cents
- ONLY FILL OUT ONE OF THE TIP Sections BELOW FOR EACH EPISODE.
- You do not have to add anything if you have nothing to add.
- There can be more than one tip under a section, just not one host with multiple tips.
- SAVE EXTRA TIPS AND INFO FOR FUTURE SHOWS SO WE WILL NOT RUN OVER OUR TIME LIMIT.
FELLOON: PC to PS4
Playing on PS4 really reminds me of way back when I join CRR and we only had the island server and could only get into the Center by special invite.
Back then we really didn't have a lot of mods that i can remember, we were using crystal torches, Corrected structures and a few other minor things..
But the rates were pretty conservative I don't remember the exact settings but a lot of the timers and rates were not far from official compared to what we run now...
It's incredible how much i’ve come accustomed to being able to just pick a misplaced wall back up, i feel like im re-learning all the best practices of not having access to mods.
I’m a little bothered by the command wheels, unless i'm missing something it drives me a little nutty when i select a command on a wheel and my character moves a little. It’s not a big deal.. but it still has some effect on my picky nature to not move when I issue a command. Unless of course i want to move.
I wouldnt say im not enjoying the game play on console, just that it's a bit of a hurdle to overcome the controls when all you have ever done is game on a PC, and i certainly wouldn't say you shouldn't play Ark on Console so far I haven't really seen any big differences between PC and console, other than the controls. (aiming your weapon on console makes me feel like i have brain damage or something.. wow)
Do you have a tip for a new player? Share it below:
Goon - If you eat a rare flower, you will agro every dino nearby to come give you a lick, you can use this if you are trying to tame things that tend to run away. Get on a rock and eat a flower and shoot it while it tries to be upclose and personal.
Esme : I don't see why not
Blue- Mind if I expand on this?
Criikette: Primitive Plus stuff and things. I like Prim+, but I don’t like official rates. And I miss some of my QoL stuff like transfer guns and demo guns. Also, wish I could have the reusable grapple and/or the glider and climbing picks. I really like the stuff that they’ve added, like all the crops. But I think they definitely need to finish up the crop taming like it was supposed to be. It’s great to have “prime” for herbis, as long as you plan ahead and get the right kind of crop for them.
- Cover info on one creature on the island.
- Do you have any Taming Tricks to share? A Taming Tip?
Did you have something that you forgot to mention during the show? Say it now or wait a week!
- Join us in the games we play at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
- For our CRR Members we are now using Our discord chat for all of our gaming group communications, voice and text chat 24/7.
- Our goal as a gaming group is to connect through what we have in common
instead of being divided over what we do not , and that is GAMING!